5 Big Benefits of Converting Your HTML Website to WordPress
A company’s website is a critical aspect of its success. Whether it’s Fortune 500 Company or a home business run out of someone’s garage, customers and potential customers are on the Internet. If you have a website, you may feel like you’re ahead of the game. In some cases that’s true, but keeping your website fresh and current is also important. If your site hasn’t been updated in years, it could be doing more harm than good.
Some older websites – and yes, even some newer ones, too – were created using HMTL code. While HTML is still a standard programming language that’s used to create web pages, a WordPress website gives users the ability to make changes and updates without relying on a programmer or other tech superstar.
WordPress is a free, open-source content management system (CMS). WordPress templates come in hundreds if not thousands of designs. Many people hear “WordPress” and instantly think of blogging, but WordPress websites are not limited to ones that deal with parenting, fashion, or recipes! In fact, many websites you visit regularly are WordPress sites.
Switching from HTML to WordPress offers numerous benefits. Here are just a few of many:
- You don’t need to know how to write code. WordPress really is easy to learn in a relatively short period of time. (Really! There wouldn’t be so many WordPress sites out there if it was impossible to figure out!)
- Make updates and changes yourself. Fresh content helps keep a website current and enjoyable for visitors. The ability to post blogs and articles quickly or make other minor changes yourself – usually within minutes – probably means you will be more likely to keep your website up-to-date.
- Publish photos and videos easily. Photos and videos make text-heavy articles and blog posts much more appealing and interesting. It’s possible to insert pictures and videos yourself, without waiting for a programmer or designer to do it for you.
- Improve your search engine rankings. Search engine crawlers are able to read and index WordPress websites’ content easily. There are also several settings and plug-ins that can be used to help improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Wouldn’t you like to improve your Google rankings and show up in results lists before your competitors do?
- It’s cost-effective. When you’re able to make website changes and publish new content yourself, you’ll wind up saving time and money. You will no longer have to contact someone more “technical” to post articles, photos, or videos for you.
Even if your company does not sell any of its products or services online, a modern, current website is a key to your continued success. It may be tempting to take the “If it’s not broke, why fix it?” approach to your existing website. While there’s nothing wrong with HTML websites, converting your existing website to a WordPress site will give you more control and flexibility over your Web presence and ultimately your brand and its reputation.
If you have an existing HTML website and would like to convert it to WordPress, Casali Creative can take care of it. We have converted multiple sites in just a few days. The cost is minimal and you can maintain control of your own updates. We can help out when you need it from optimization to online advertising (PPC).